ARX - BSX 16 - 1 or 2 in, 16 out Transformer Isolated Active Broadcast Splitter
About the BSX16
The NEW ARX BSX16 Active Microphone/Line Splitter has been developed to deliver the performance required by the increasingly sophisticated level of today’s standards of E.N.G and broadcast audio production.
16 Output splits
The BSX16 is a single channel 16 way active press/broadcast splitter with transformer balanced and isolated Output Splits. Although a single channel unit, there are Dual inputs with individual Gain and Level controls, for use when using lecterns with dual microphones. Dual Loop Outputs are available to connect the BSX16 to additional units, or for the dual inputs to continue on to a mixing console. An additional XLR PA Output connector is available on the rear panel for basic system connection.
Numbered marker panels above or below each split provide a space where individual connections can be noted.
Splits 1–8 are at Line level, and splits 9–16 are switchable mic or line level. There is a –20 dB input Pad switch, plus silently switchable 48V Phantom power, LED metering (–40dB, 0dB and +6dB) and a separate Pre-Fade headphone level control and socket, for signal monitoring.
Internally, powerful RF input filtering removes both common mode and differential interference at ultrasonic frequencies and above. High CMRR is achieved by the use of precision components throughout.
The BSX16’s internal transformer based power supply is double shielded to get the maximum benefit from the ultra low noise design of the circuitry.
To sum up, this feature packed two RU device is the answer wherever multiple transformer output splits from up to 2 input signals are required. The ultra low noise design and intuitive, 'user friendly' layout of the BSX16 provide flawless audio performance in any professional application.
Every BSX16 is hand soldered, with a 48 hour burn in followed by a 100% re-test and visual PCB QC check prior to shipping.
- 16 way active press/broadcast splitter with transformer isolation
- Splits 1–8 Line level out; splits 9–16 switchable mic or line level
- Dual inputs with individual Gain and Level controls
- Dual Loop Outputs
- Additional XLR PA Output connector on rear
- Ultra low noise design
- 'SilentSwitch' 48v Phantom Power switching
- –20 dB pad switch on Inputs
- Headphone monitoring
- LED meter on Output
- Electronically Balanced Inputs
- Transformer isolated Outputs
- Intuitive, 'user friendly' layout
- Flawless audio performance
- 1 and 2 XLR Input connectors Pin 3 –, Pin 2 +, Pin 1 Ground
- 1 and 2 Input Gain trim controls
- 1 and 2 Output level controls
- 1 and 2 Output Loop XLR connectors
- 1–16 Balanced XLR Output splits. Pin 3–, Pin 2 +, Pin 1 No Connection
- Mic / Line switches for outputs 9–16
- Numbered marker panels for labelling individual splits
- 'SilentSwitch' 48v Phantom Power switching
- –20dB pad switch
- LED metering: -40, 0, and +6dB
- AC Power connected LED
- Headphone level control and 6.5mm socket
- Balanced XLR Output to PA system Pin 3 –, Pin 2 +, Pin 1 Ground
- IEC 3 pin AC connector and integral fuseholder. Replace fuse with correct value only: 100–120 V AC 5 amp, 220–240 V AC 3 amp.
- 2 x XLR Balanced Mic/ Line inputs with hardwired XLR loop through outs
|Signal to Noise ratio:||(Gain set @ 20 dB)
–88dB Unweighted, –94dB ‘A’ weighted
|Distortion @ Unity Gain:||0.05%, 1 KHz|
|Input Gain:||10dB through to 50dB|
|Input Impedance:||4 K Ohm|
|Input Pad:||–20dB attenuation|
|Output Impedance:||300 Ohm Transformer Balanced|
|Output Level (Max):||+20dB Line Out Level –10dB Mic Output level|
|Frequency Response:||40Hz – 20KHz ±0.5 dB|
|Phantom Power:||Switchable Global +48VDC slow turn on/turn off|
|Transformer Type:||Low noise shielded 16 Transformer Isolated Outputs|
|Outputs 1 - 8:||are Line Level (0dB)|
|Outputs 9 - 16:||are Switchable Mic (-30dB) Line (0dB) Output Level|
|Dynamic Range:||109 dB|
|Headphone Volume and Output:||for audible monitoring of signal Headphone Output 500mW @ 8 ohms output|
|Headphone Connector:||6.5mm TRS Jack wired mono|
|LED output level:||indicators: -40dB, 0dB, +6dB|
|Output to PA system or Self Powered Loudspeakers at Line Level - Balanced Male XLR|
|Output Impedance:||300 Ohms|
|Max Output:||+ 21dB|
|AC Mains Input:||Fused IEC socket|
|AC Power:||100-120V AC 2 amp 220-240V AC 10 VA. Replace fuse with correct value only: 100–120 V AC 2 amp, 220–240 V AC 1 amp.|
|Size:||2 RU - 19”W x 3½”H x 8”D, 482 x 89 x 200 mm|
|Weight:||12 lbs (5.5 Kg)|