ARX - MSX 48
About the MSX48
The ARX MSX48 Transformer isolated Microphone/Line Splitter has been developed to deliver the performance required by the increasing complexity of today’s standards of audio production.
The MSX 48 is a totally passive device requiring no power, and consists of Sixteen channels of transformer isolated ultra low noise Microphone/Line Splitter. Each of these channels has a direct looped Main/FOH feed, and a transformer isolated Monitor split on the front panel.
On the rear panel is an Auxiliary transformer isolated split ideal for use with a remote recording truck or TV feed. Duplicates of the Monitor and Aux splits are also provided on two sets of dual 25 pin D connectors on the rear panel, wired to Tascam wiring protocol.
Numbered marker panels on the front and rear provide a space where individual channel connections can be noted.
The all-steel chassis of the MSX 48 provides strong interference resistant shielding. Internally, state-of-the-art transformers deliver superb audio quality and total galvanic isolation.
The MXS 48 is the user-friendly and straightforward answer to multi channel signal splitting requirements.
- Sixteen channel / three way split per channel
- Passive unit - no power required
- Ultra low noise design
- D sub connectors on rear panel for Monitor and Auxiliary Splits (Tascam wiring)
- Transformer Balanced Inputs and Outputs
- Inputs and Main Outputs hard wired to pass Phantom Power
- Intuitive, 'user friendly' layout
- Flawless audio performance
- 16 x Hardwired balanced XLR Input and Main Outputs. Pin 3–-, Pin 2 +, Pin 1 Ground
- 16 x Hardwired transformer isolated balanced XLR Monitor Splits. Pin 3–-, Pin 2 +, Pin 1 floating (not connected)
- Numbered marker panel for labelling individual channel assigns
- 16 x Hardwired transformer isolated balanced XLR Auxiliary Splits. Pin 3–-, Pin 2 +, Pin 1 floating (not connected)
- 2 x D Sub connectors for Monitor Splits
- 2 x D Sub connectors for Auxiliary Splits
- Screw Terminal Chassis Ground point
Note: No connections to Audio ground
Input Impedance 300 Ohms
Output Impedance 2 secondaries @ 600 Ohms each
Frequency Response 30Hz - 20 KHz ± 1dB
Maximum Output Level + 20dBm
THD at Max Output 0.2% 30 Hz - 20KHz @ 20dBm
Insertion Loss 0.5dB @ 1 KHz (600 Ohm source & load)
Input Connectors 3 pin female XLR wired Pin 2 + Hot, Pin 3 – Cold
Main Output 3 Pin male XLR wired Pin 2 + Hot, Pin 3 – Cold
Monitor & Aux Output 3 pin male XLR wired Pin 2 + Hot, Pin 3 – Cold. Audio grounds not connected; Pin 1 is floating.
Weight 13.5 lbs (6 Kg)