Sommer Cable - MCF32 - 32 Channel Multi-Core Signal Cable
Almost as old as Methuselah...
thatâ€™s theÂ SC-Mistral MCFÂ multipair. We have been making it for almost 10 years using the same proven technology. TheÂ SC-Mistral MCFÂ features the pairwise PVC insulation, as it is usual for studio cores. It has a hardwearing number overprint plus an extra colour-coding in steps of 8.
The wire pairs of theÂ SC-Mistral MCFÂ have a pre twisted drain wire and another shielding made of AL/PT compound foil. For added protection against corrosion and oxidation both the conductors and the drain wire have been tinned. The cable is particularly easy to handle because the AL/PT foil will stick to the outer jacket when stripping. TheÂ SC-Mistral MCFÂ is very easy to lay and reel. We also recommend it for the assembly of multicore adapters. Here the XLR and jack connectors can be mounted directly on the PVC jacket.
- Additional insulation for each wire pair with a numbered and colour-coded PVC sleeve
- Very flexible and tread-resistant owing to the use of a rubberlike jacket material
- Simple and fast handling due to the use of compound foil and a pre-twisted drain wire
- High bending cycles due to the tightly stranded Cu litz wires
- Returns on the cable splice are instantly recognisable by the colour coding on the conductor pairs
- High transmission quality even with excess distances (low capacitance!)
- Affordable price
- Ideal for studio installation and permanent installation
- Fixed installation in theatres, public buildings etc.
- Construction of dependable cable reel systems