Quest - QA4004 - 2 Channel Amplifier
QA Series Power Amplifier
QA4004 [2x 2000w @ 4?]
Quest QA Series power amplifies are built to work hard in the tough environment of pro audio. Industrial spec multi-speed fans and generous heat sinks will keep the output stage cool even if the amplifier is installed in a dusty and poorly ventilated area.
Service and maintenance is easy as the internal architecture is laid out for easy access by a qualified technician. The sonically superior output stage is composed of a generous abundance of output devices for greater electronic stability and sonic fidelity.
QA series amplifiers are manufactured to a standard accepted as desirable practice for a concert standard power amplifier. Heavy gauge welded 16-gauge steel chassis with vibration proof fittings, and an emphasis on over-engineering, guarantees years of trouble-free service in the most demanding environments.
Quest set about a design and layout for easy service, not easy manufacture. A minimum of disassembly is required for testing and maintenance meaning lower operating costs and longer amplifier life.
- Input Stage: Pro active protection senses stages of system function to safeguard your investment both on turn on and while under operation. Silent switch on/off circuitry reduces potential speaker damage in the event of intermittent power.
- Power supply: The high current power supply is manufactured to function reliably at high temperatures and well exceeds industry standards. This results in smooth bass response and considerable dynamic headroom.
- Industrial Spec Fans: Dual heavy duty cooling fans guarantee long life of all electronic components.
- Input Connection: XLR parallel male and female input connections calibrated for most pro spec system controllers and electronic cross-overs. features
- Speakon Connections: International AES standard Speakon connectors wired for two channel operation simplify speaker connections.
- Limiter: A switchable high speed limiter acts as a final speaker protection but can be disconnected where sensing speaker system controllers are required.
- Built in switchable X-overs: High Amplification and low pass filters on each channel make the versatile QA series even more flexible with a sub-mid/high frequency dividing network.
- Selectable Gain settings: Adjustable input switching for 0.775V, 32 dB or 26 dB make system calibration easy.
- Easy access air filters: User serviceable air filters are easy to maintain for trouble free operation.
|2x 2000-w at 4?|
|993-W per channel @ 1kHz at <0.05% T.H.D. both channels driven|
|2400-W per channel @ 1kHz at <0.05% T.H.D. both channels driven|
|T.H.D:||<0.5%@400-W per channel from 20 HZ to 20kHz|
|Phase Response:||+20 to -25 from 20 Hz to 20kHz|
|Input Impedance:||20 k?, balanced; 10 k?, unbalanced|
|Cooling:||Two temperature dependant variable speed 120mm high-output DC fans|
|Controls:||Two front panel attenuators, rear panel mode switch and gain select switch|
|High Pass:||Linkwitz-Reily (24 dB/Octave): Off/35/80 Hz|
|Low Pass:||Linkwitz-Reily (24 dB/Octave): Off/80/110Hz|
Voltage Gain @
|38 dB or 32 dB|
|Crosstalk:||>-60 dB @ 1kHz at rated power @ 8?|
|Hum and Noise:||>-107 dB, "A" weighted referenced to rated power @ 8?|
|Damping factor (8?):||>800:1 @ 20Hz - 1kHz|
|Indicator LEDs:||Two clip, two signal presence, one active status, two protection|
|Protection:||Thermal, DC, turn-on bursts, subsonic, incorrect loads|
|Connectors:||XLR . Speakon . 240/230 Volt 16 amp IEC mains|
|Construction:||Cold Steel Rolling + Machined aluminium front panel|
|Dimensions (HxWxD):||132 mm x 483mm x 496mm|
|Packaged Shipping Weight:||38kg|